Nothing can create or worsen financial problems like a divorce. If you have experienced a divorce or you are currently going through the end of a marriage, you may already know this all too well. You may be seeking legal advice to help you stabilize yourself financially.
In many divorces, the primary financial problem is that a certain amount of income that once supported one household must now support two households. In other cases, couples reach the point of divorce with long-standing debt problems that need to be resolved. Other issues can include the legal expense of divorce and the hardship of job loss. These problems can be incredibly stressful and can require the assistance of a lawyer.
Sometimes bankruptcy can ease the financial burdens caused or amplified by a divorce, and sometimes other solutions are more appropriate. Every situation is different. If Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy is right for you, I can help you get out of debt by utilizing the law.
Finding Relief From Debt In The Midst Of Divorce — Or The Aftermath
I am attorney Randy Lee Bumgarner. At The Law Offices of Randy Lee Bumgarner & Associates in Oklahoma City, I help my clients find relief from debt in the midst of divorce. If you are considering bankruptcy, I can help you answer important questions like:
• What’s the difference between filing bankruptcy after divorce and filing before divorce?
• How will property division relate to bankruptcy?
• How can I protect myself financially?
• What if a lot of this debt is from my spouse or my ex?
• What will happen to the house? What if there is a concern about foreclosure?
• How do I deal with credit card debt?
• How can I make sure I am treated fairly?
Every case is different. Get the answers you need to address the challenges you face.
Contact My Office For A Free Consultation